Pork Buko Nilaga Recipe
This dish balances the sweet and tasty flavor of coconut juice and the rich flavors of pork, mixed with fresh herbs and vegetables.
Coconut water is not only delicious but it is also packed with a lot of essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium and magnesium, and it is a good source of antioxidants.
- 1 pc large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ kg pork kasim, cut into medium size cubes
- 6 cups fresh buko water
- 2 pcs Knorr Pork Cubes
- 1 pc large carrots, sliced
- 2 pcs sweet corn on the cob, sliced into circles
- 3 pcs fresh buko meat, sheets or shreds
- ½ head cabbage, chopped
- patis to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Begin by getting your sauce pot nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onions and garlic and cook until the vegetables give off a nice aroma.
- Now, pour the fresh buko water in and add the Knorr Pork Cubes. You’re now guaranteed to have that savory pork flavour in your broth. Fresh buko water makes a distinctly sweet broth. So, if you don’t want your soup to be too sweet, replace half of the buko juice with water.
- Continue by stirring in the pork kasim then bring to a boil before adding the carrots and corn. Lower heat and simmer until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Lastly, you just need to stir in your fresh buko shreds and cabbage. With patis and black pepper in, this dish is done!
- Just by sipping into the hot soup of this Pork Buko Nilaga recipe, you will automatically be comforted!