Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Papaitan. This Ilocano dish has the right balance of bitterness and richness made special with Knorr Beef Cubes.
Remember to remove the scum that accumulate on the top of the initial boiling liquid when cooking the beef innards. Do this constantly before the liquid reaches boiling stage.
- 1 kilo beef innards (tripe, kidney, liver, heart, intestines)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 heads garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 white onion, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup peeled ginger, julienned or cut into thin strips
- 4 cups Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc broth (dilute 1 pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc in 4 cups hot water)
- 1/2 cup beef bile
- 2 pcs. red chili pepper
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 30 g spring onion, minced
- Let’s begin by cleaning the internal organs. Wash and clean the beef innards then transfer to a deep pan or stock pan. Fill this with water and boil. Drain and cut into small ½ inch cubes and set aside.
- Get another pan and get it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the garlic and onion. Sauté until the garlic is slightly brown and the onions are translucent. Now, throw in the ginger and sauté briefly.
- Add the cubed internal organs and stir fry for 5 minutes before pouring the Knorr Sinigang broth just enough to cover all the ingredients.
- Gently add the beef bile little by little and don’t forget to taste if the bitterness is just right for your taste preference. Add your minced red chili pepper then season with Knorr Liquid Seasoning, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl, and with a topping of spring onions, that’s our dish!
- Papaitan may have an intimidating taste for some but Knorr’s version of this recipe will bring you to the moon and back! Try it and see what we mean.
LACKS PRODUCT DISPLAY
- Egg Free
- Nut Free