Paksiw na Baka Recipe
This Filipino classic dish combines the rich flavor of beef mixed with the sweet and slightly sour paksiw sauce infused with spices and seasoning.
To reduce the sour vinegar taste from the sauce, remember to bring the sauce to a boil but keep the pan or pot uncovered so that the aroma and strong flavors of the vinegar evaporates.
- 1 kilogram beef, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- pepper to season
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups bottled lechon sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- 6 pcs peppercorns, crusted
- 1 pc bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- There are 2 things to consider in preparing this dish. First, you need to make a crispy fried beef. Second, you need to make the delicious paksiw sauce.
- Begin by seasoning the beef with pepper and Knorr Liquid Seasoning and just marinate this for an hour for that added taste.
- After an hour, just fry the beef cubes in hot oil until brown. Drain on top of a plate lined with paper towels then reserve the marinade.
- Get a pan, and place the lechon sauce, vinegar, crushed peppercorns, bay leaf and the marinade and bring this to a boil uncovered. Continue to simmer until the strong aroma of vinegar is reduced.
- Now, gently add the beef and cook over low heat until tender. You may add more water if the sauce becomes too thick. Let the fat of the beef melt to give the sauce more flavour. Finally, season with enough salt and that’s it!
- There’s always something to celebrate when you serve Paksiw na Baka to your family. This dish just brings loved ones together!
- Without milk
- Egg Free
- Lactose Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy