This crispy pork Ilokano classic dish combines the flavor of char grilled pork mixed with ginger and onions, infused with chili and tamarind flavors.
When grilling meats, don't move the meat / food around too much. Let it stay in the grill a little longer to let the meat cook more. It will be easier to remove it and get it unstuck when it is fully cooked.
- 1/2 kilogram pork belly
- 1/2 kilogram pork ears
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 2 tbsp cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp white onion, peeled and minced
- 4 tbsp ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 pc. red chili pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc broth (1 tsp. of Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc dissolved in ½ cup of hot water)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 1 tbsp calamansi juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Seasoning your pork belly and pork ears with Knorr Liquid Seasoning, salt and pepper is one way of developing good flavour to your meat before grilling. Marinate the pork meat for at least 1 hour to get a more intense flavor.
- Next, grill your pork belly until it’s cooked through and crisp. Now, set this aside and make sure that you slice them into 1 inch thick strips.
- Let's now wok on the sauce. Grab a pan and make it nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the garlic and onion and cook them until the garlic is slightly brown and the onions are translucent.
- You may now add the ginger, the previously crispy sliced pork belly, and pork ears and then briefly sauté them for 2 minutes.
- Into the pan, pour Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok broth, calamansi juice, fish sauce and red chili pepper and simmer this for a minute.
- Give this a good sprinkle of Knorr Liquid Seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper. Finally, this dish is done!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy