Spicy Braised Pork Nilaga Recipe
A twist on the classic Filipino Nilaga. This dish combines the rich flavors of Pork nilaga with the creamy texture of coconut milk with a kick of spicy labuyo
Remember to skim the liquid or to remove the scum from the surface of the water every now and then, to ensure your soup will be nice and clear.
- 1 pc large onion chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 pc large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 kilogram pork kasim, cut into large cubes
- 2 pcs tanglad stem, pounded
- 2 pcs siling labuyo
- 5 cups water
- 2 pcs Knorr Pork Cubes
- 1 can button mushrooms, drained and sliced in half
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 tbsp wansuy leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion leeks, thinly sliced
- Begin by getting your pot nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté onions, ginger, and tomatoes. Cook until tender.
- Add in the pork kasim cubes, tanglad, and siling labuyo and continue to sauté until the meat turns light brown in all sides.
- Pour in the water and Knorr Pork Cubes. Let this boil, then lower the meat to simmer and continue to cook until the meat is fork tender. Add the sliced mushroom and coconut cream. Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add wansuy and leeks and that's our dish. Everything you love is in this dish. Warm soup, spicy beef, and that refreshing flavour of tanglad and wansuy! It's time to indulge!