Delicious Pork Leg Sinigang Recipe
This dish uses the rich flavors of pork combined with the fresh garden flavors coming from labanos, onions and tomatoes, served in a tamarind sour broth soup.
When boiling the pork pata, use a large pot and place it over medium heat. Add enough water to cover the pata and bring this to a boil including the spices and aromatics, then lower the heat to simmer for 1 - 1.5 hours, or until tender and soft.
- ½ kg pata, cut into serving pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 pc medium onion, halved
- 2 pcs small tomatoes, halved
- 1 (22g) pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix with Gabi
- 1 pc small labanos, sliced thinly
- 3 pcs Sili pansigang, whole
- 1 cup sayote tops
- Begin by cooking the pata in a pot filled with water, onion and tomatoes. Cook until the pata is tender by boiling it first in high heat and bringing the heat down to a simmer. Remember to remove the scum that will rise on the surface of the boiling liquid.
- The next step is to pour the contents of the Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix with Gabi, labanos, and siling pansigang. Once the labanos is tender, add the sayote tops and simmer for 1 more minute. Other vegetables may also be added to the dish like sliced talong, okra, or kangkong stems and leaves.
- When you serve this Delicious Pork Leg Sinigang Recipe to your family, you will always be reminded of home.