Crispy Pata With Knorr Liquid Seasoning Vinegar Dip
This Filipino holiday classic dish uses the rich taste of pork pata infused with flavors of onion and peppercorn; deep fried and served with soy-vinegar dip.
While tenderizing the pork pata, remember to remove the scum that rises to the surface of the water every now and then, to remove impurities and dirt from the pork. This process is called skimming.
- 1 whole pork pata, cleaned and nails removed
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 pcs onions, quartered
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 3 pcs, star anise
- 2- 3 tbsp rock salt
- water, enough to cover meat
- rock salt /fish sauce for rubbing
- oil for frying
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small pc red onion, chopped
- 1 pc sili labuyo, sliced
- Pinch ground black pepper
- It’s impossible not to serve this at least once in a while. It’s so easy to prepare and it’s incredibly flavourful.
- Let’s begin by getting a large pot and placing the pork knuckles in with the black peppercorns, onions, garlic, star anise and salt. Fill this with water enough to cover the meat and bring this to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook this slowly until the pork is fork tender. Remember to skim the top of boiling liquid to remove impurities and dirt.
- Once the pata is tender, remove from the pot and allow to drain. One way of infusing flavour is by rubbing the meat with salt or fish sauce. Everybody wants crispy skin. To achieve that crispiness, leave the pata in the chiller overnight without cover. In this way, you just want to remove the moistness from the pata and make it dry.
- Get a big shallow pan nice and hot. Fill it with oil and turn the heat up to medium high heat. Gently slide the pata in the hot oil and fry until brown and crispy.
- What would Crispy Pata be without Knorr Liquid Seasoning-Vinegar Dip. And how do we do that? Just combine all the ingredients for the dip and that’s it! You may add siling labuyo to make it more spicy.
- Crispy Pata with Knorr Liquid Seasoning Vinegar Dip is impossible to resist so make sure you have lots of space in your stomach for you will definitely indulge!
- Without milk
- Egg Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free