Pork with Laing Recipe
This dish combines the rich flavor of sautéed pork belly wrapped in laing leaves and creamy coconut milk sauce.
When cooking with Coconut Milk, let the dish slowly simmer at low to medium heat, to ensure full flavors are extracted and infused in the meat. Do not let the dish boil, to prevent the sauce from breaking or curdling.
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ kg pork belly, medium diced
- ¼ cup dried labahita, medium diced
- 2 tbsp. ginger strips
- ½ pc. Knorr Pork Cube
- ¼ cup water
- For the sauce:
- 3 cups water
- 1½ packs Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- 5 pcs. gabi leaves (cut stem)
- 2 pcs. finger chilies (green)
- Begin by getting your pot nice and hot over medium heat. Throw in the garlic then add the pork belly and labahita. Sauté them for a few minutes until the vegetables give off a nice aroma. Add the ginger and sauté for a few minutes before adding the water. Cook until the meat is tender then set this aside.
- Next, in a pot, simmer water and Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay for 5 minutes then set this aside.
- Put filling and sauce on gabi leaf, seal it and put it on 2nd gabi leaf with another set of filling and sauce and seal it again. Then put it on the 3rd leaf with another set of filling and sauce then seal. Repeat steps until 4th and 5th leaves. Then seal or truss it.
- Place the laing on gata mixture with the green chillies then simmer to cook until they are tender.
- Make sure you have enough space in your stomach because you will truly eat more than usual!"