Sizzling Meaty Tofu Steaks Recipe
This resto-style dish combines the crispy texture of fried tofu topped with sautéed pork cooked with fresh vegetables, served in a sizzling plate.
Tofu is made from soybean curds and it contains no cholesterol and is an excellent source of iron and calcium.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 kilogram ground pork
- 1/3 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup canned button mushrooms slices, drained
- 1/4 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- slurry (1/3 cup water plus 1 tbsp cornstarch)
- pepper, to taste
- 2 packs tofu block, cut into smaller cubes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Japanese bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- 1/3 cup leeks, sliced
- Begin by making crispy tofu. Prepare 3 shallow trays containing flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Now, coat the tofu cubes first in the flour, then dip it in beaten egg before rolling them in breadcrumbs. When the tofu have been breaded, you can now fry them in hot oil until golden brown. Remove the crispy tofu and place them on top of a plate lined with paper towels to drain out excess oil.
- Meanwhile, get another pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and drop in the butter. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the vegetables give off a nice aroma. Add the pork and cook them until brown. Add the carrots, mushrooms and Knorr Liquid Seasoning next.
- Pour in the slurry mixture and just stir continuously until the sauce thickens. Give this a nice seasoning of pepper.
- Finally, for that added drama, heat a sizzling plate on top of a stove over high heat and place the fried tofu in. Pour the prepared pork-sauce over and garnish with sliced leeks on top.
- Why go to a restaurant when you can have this exciting Sizzling Meaty Tofu Steak at the comfort of your own home? It’s just so delicious!