Pork Kikiam in Rice Paper with Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
This simple dish uses the rich taste of pork combined with spices and fresh vegetables; wrapped in rich paper; fried and served with sweet chili sauce.
You can chill the pork kikiam mix, for around 10 minutes, before rolling them in the paper rolls to keep firm and prevent it from breaking.
- 1/4 kg ground pork
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 7 pcs rice paper (rub/place some water to soften)
- 2 cups oil for frying
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- slurry, as needed
- Pork Kikiam is one of those versatile dishes that you can do at home. It’s fast and easy and big on flavour too.
- Let’s begin by combining the pork, five spice powder, carrots, onions, peppers, corn starch and Knorr Liquid Seasoning in a large bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Next, place about 1 ½ tbsp (20-22g) pork mixture in the rice paper and roll them. And then, just shallow fry them in hot oil.
- Now that the kikiam is done, let’s continue in making the sauce. Just mix all the ingredients in a pot and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Pour in the slurry to thicken it then serve this along-side with the fried Pork Kikiam.