Pochero (Cebu) Recipe
This Cebu soup dish uses the rich and deep flavor of beef shank infused with Knorr flavors, mixed with fresh aromatics and local vegetables.
Beef will always have impurities in them like excess fat, blood and water. Though washing the beef may help clean the meat, blanching the beef before cooking eliminate those impurities and excess fat.
- 1 kg. beef shank, cut into serving pcs
- 6 cups water
- 2 pcs. Knorr Beef Cube
- 2 pcs. onions, quartered
- whole black peppercorn
- 2 pcs. potatoes, quartered
- 2 pcs. finger chili
- ¼ pc. pechay, sliced
- Let's start by preparing the beef shank. In a large pot, Add in beef shank and fill it with enough water to cover, and let it boil over high heat. This initial step, or blanching technique, will remove any impurities and dirty in the beef meat and bones. Once boiling, discard the water.
- After you are done blanching the beef, get another pot and drop in the Knorr Beef Cubes with the beef shank, onions and pepper. Fill the pot with 6 cups of water and just bring this to a boil before reducing the heat to a simmer until the beef is fork tender.
- Now, gently add the potatoes in with the finger chili and saba. Let this simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Finally, add the cabbage in and give this at least 2 minutes to simmer and that’s our dish!
- You will definitely see the smile on your family’s faces when you serve them Pochero Cebu. This is definitely a recipe that’s meant to satisfy and please!