Chorizo Croquetas Recipe
This Spanish inspired dish uses the rich flavor and textures of mashed potatoes combined with chorizo and cream, enhanced with Knorr seasoning.
You can make the mash potatoes a bit smoother in texture by passing it through a strainer after boiling. It will also remove the patches of skin from the final mash potatoes.
- 1 kg. potato, peeled and quartered
- water, to cover
- 1 pc. Knorr Beef Cube
- 6 pcs. chorizo de bilbao, chopped
- ½- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 2 tbsp margarine
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning, to taste
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 pcs. egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- oil for deep-frying
- Let’s begin by making the mashed potatoes. You can start by simply boiling together the potatoes, water and Knorr Beef Cubes in a pot. Cook them until tender, and then drain and mash until they are smooth.
- Next, let’s make the croquettas. While the potatoes are still warm, mix it together with the chorizo, cream and margarine.
- Give this a punch of flavour and some good seasoning by adding a few drops of Knorr Liquid Seasoning and pepper. Now, shape the mixture into a ball or log by using a spoon.
- Since you want to achieve a crispy coating, dip the balls in flour and then in beaten egg. Finally, roll them in breadcrumbs before deep frying to a crisp.
- You will definitely comeback for more servings of Chorizo Croquettas especially when you serve it with your favourite dipping sauce. With or without rice, it’s definitely addicting!