Sinuglaw Cups Recipe
This simple dish uses the rich taste of grilled marinated pork combined with the sour and tangy fish ceviche served in a crispy bite sized wanton cups.
Fish ceviche is a technique of marinating raw fish in vinegar or acid combined with onions, pepper and spices.
- 1/4 kg inihaw na liempo (pork belly seasoned with Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original then grilled), cut into cubes
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube
- 1/4 kg fresh tanigue, cut into 3⁄4-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 pc. cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 pc medium -sized red onion, sliced
- 1 pc. 2 - inch ginger, sliced
- 2 pcs. finger chilis, sliced
- 3- 4 pcs. bird's eye chilli, sliced
- 4- 6 pcs calamansi. calamansi
- 30 pcs. wonton wrappers
- fresh cilantro leaves, for topping
- This recipe may seem long but we assure you that it’ll be worth it. So, let’s begin by making the sinuglaw. First, place the tanique in a bowl with ¼ cup vinegar and leave it for 2-3 minutes only.
- The next step is to combine the tanique with the cucumber, onion, ginger, chillis, grilled pork belly, calamansi juice and the remaining vinegar.
- Throw in the mashed Knorr Pork Cube and mix this well. Then, cover the mixture and let it stand in the chiller for at least 10 minutes.
- Since our Sinuglaw is done, we need to make a container for it by cooking the wonton wrappers and making them into cups.
- Get a pot used for deep-frying and fill it with oil. Get it nice and hot over medium high heat. Press one wonton wrapper into a medium-sized ladle using a smaller ladle. While holding the two ladles, gently deep-fry the wrapper in oil until crisp, forming a cup. Place on top of a tray lined with paper towels. Do the same with the rest of the wrappers.
- All you need to do is to spoon Sinuglaw into the wonton cups, top it with chopped cilantro and there you go! This dish is done!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy