This simple merienda dish uses the rich taste of beef mixed with the spices cumin flavor, tangy tomato sauce, and crispy nacho chips topped with grated cheese.
Dry frying your spices will release the oils from the spices and allow the flavors to deepen and develop when combined with your main ingredient.
- 1- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc onion, minced
- 1 pc Knorr Beef Cube, mashed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 kg lean ground beef
- 1- 2 packs nacho chips
- 1/2 cup grated cheese or cheese sauce
- Other toppings
- olives, sliced (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- tomato salsa (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
- First, let’s bring out the essential oil of the cumin by toasting it in a hot pan. Toasting your spice will allow the flavours to deepen and develop when combined with your main ingredient. Remove and set this aside.
- Let’s continue by cooking our ground beef topping. Get your pan nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion and sauté them until translucent and aromatic. Drop in the Knorr Beef Cube and tomato paste and just sauté for a minute.
- Next, add the ground beef and place cumin back into the pan. Sauté until the meat is toasted and that’s it! Our topping is done.
- We just need to assemble nacho chips on a platter, top with the cooked beef mixture, cheese, and your choice of toppings. See how Nachos make the perfect bonding snack with the family. Serve this anytime, any day of the week!