Crispy Ribs Sinigang Recipe
This dish uses the rich flavor of pork ribs marinated in fresh herbs and Knorr seasoning, served paired with a savory and tangy Knorr Sinigang soup.
Remember to remove the scum from the surface of the water when boiling the ribs, to ensure your soup will be nice and clear. This process is called skimming.
- 6 cups rice washing (hugas bigas)
- 3 pcs. onions, quartered
- 4 pcs native tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 kg. pork or beef ribs, cut into serving pcs.
- For the coating:
- Whole egg, beaten as needed flour as needed
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- oil for frying
- 1 (20g) pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- 2 pcs, long green chilli
- 1⁄2 pc. radish, cut into 1⁄2-inch thick rounds
- 1⁄2 bunch kangkong, sliced into 2-inch lengths
- Begin by getting a pot and fill it with rice washing (hugas bigas). In goes the onions and tomatoes. Let this boil then reduce the heat to simmer then add the ribs. Let this simmer until ribs are tender. Remove the ribs from the pot then pat it dry. Keep the broth for the soup preparations.
- Season with Knorr Liquid Seasoning before dipping in egg and coating with flour. Deep-fry in a preheated saucepan filled with oil and cook until crispy.
- Starting with 1 cup of ribs broth (where the ribs were tenderized), add chili, Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original, and radish and bring this to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Gently add kangkong and simmer for a minute more.
- Season broth according to taste and with a serving of crispy ribs on the side, that’s our dish. Imagine hot steaming rice swimming in sinigang broth and crispy ribs to match it, truly a glimpse of heaven!