Sinigang na Pork Chops Recipe
This classic dish uses the rich taste of Knorr marinated pork chops combined with the tangy and "asim kilig" flavors of Knorr Sinigang Mix.
Tamarind (Sampalok) contains lots of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the risks of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
- ½ kg. pork chops
- 3- 4 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper
- oil for frying
- 4 cups rice washing (hugas bigas)
- 3 pcs. onions, quartered
- 4 pcs native tomatoes, quartered
- 2 pcs, long green chili
- 1 (20g) pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- ½ pc. radish, cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- 4 pcs. okra, cut into hal
- ½ bunch kangkong, sliced into 2-inch lengths
- You can begin by flavoring the pork chops with Knorr Liquid Seasoning and black pepper. Let the pork marinate for at least 10 mins to infuse all the rich flavor.
- Now, grab a pan and make it nice and hot over high heat. Pour some oil and cook the pork chops until brown.
- In another pot, bring the rice washing or the “hugas bigas” into a boil together with the onions and tomatoes. Adding the pork chops. Then, bring this to a simmer until the pork is tender.
- For the next step, drop in the chilli, Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original, radish and okra and give this another 2 minutes. Now, top the sinigang with the kangkong and leave it for another minute to cook. Finally, you are done!
- This recipe gives you a new way to enjoy your sinigang without being too overly adventurous. Truly, it gets better and better every time!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy