Sinigang na Baka Recipe
This Filipino Classic dish uses the rich and flavorful taste of beef shark, simmered and marinated in the tangy flavors of Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok.
Remember to remove the scum from the surface of the water every now and then, to ensure your soup will be nice and clear. This process is called skimming.
- ½ kg. beef shank, cut into serving pcs.
- 6 cups rice washing (hugas bigas)
- 3 pcs. onions, quartered
- 4 pcs native tomatoes, quartered
- 2 pcs, long green chili
- 1 (20g) pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Original Mix
- ½ pc. radish, sliced into ½-inch thick rounds
- ½ bunch kangkong, sliced into 2-inch lengths
- Get a large pot and fill it with water, then add the beef. Make sure the water is enough to cover the beef. Bring to a boil then discard liquid.
- Add rice washing to beef, then add onions, tomatoes, and chili. Bring to a boil then simmer slowly, covered, until beef is tender. Remember to skim the top of the liquid to keep the soup clear and to remove impurities. Add more rice washing if needed.
- Add Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Original Mix, radish and for simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add kangkong and simmer for another. Season according to taste.
- A feel good soup deserves a big serving of rice. Prepare to eat more than usual.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy