Mango Milkshake Recipe with Three Toppings
Philippine mangoes are said to be the finest in the world and are one of the sweetest fruits you’ll find in the country. There are countless ways to enjoy one of the sweetest fruits grown in many backyards, and these can extend to milkshakes, too. Sipping a refreshing drink is the perfect way to beat the tropical heat, and it can stir up excitement when toppings are involved. Here’s the ultimate mango milkshake recipe that will let you experience that fruity, creamy goodness.
- For the milkshake:
- 3 scoops Selecta Super Thick Classic Mango ice cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- For the mango syrup:
- 2 mangoes chopped
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Zest of 1/2 lime, lemon, or calamansi
- To assemble:
- 1 mango "cheek" slice, peeled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream or instant whipping cream
- Melted white chocolate, optional
- Graham cracker crumbs, optional
- To make the milkshake:
- Place the milk and Selecta Super Thick Mango ice cream into a blender, and blend until smooth and thickened.
- To make the mango syrup:
- Place the mango, sugar and water into a small saucepan and slowly bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes then add the lime zest and stir through.
- Remove from the heat and pass through a strainer to remove any fibers then set aside.
- To assemble:
- Place your peeled mango ‘cheek’ onto a chopping board and thinly slice. Fan out the mango slices so that they form a long line with the slices overlapping each other. Remove the small slices from the ends if you’d like: they can be difficult to shape. Starting from one end, curl the mango slices toward the center, continuing to curl the slices until you get a rose.
- In a bowl, whip the chilled cream into soft peaks and place into a piping bag. Alternatively, you can used instant canned whipped cream and skip this step.
- To assemble the freakshake, dip the rim of your glass into the melted white chocolate, then into the crushed graham crackers. Using a spoon, drizzle the mango syrup into the inside of your glass, and then pour your milkshake into the glass.
- Spoon the whipped cream on top of the milkshake then place the mango rose on top of the cream. Sprinkle with the remaining graham crackers and place your straw into the milkshake, threading it through the inside of your mango rose.
- Nut Free