Kasuy Crusted Hito Recipe
This Cashew Crusted Hito is all about that crunch and punch of flavor. It uses the fresh taste of seafood infused with the rich flavor of Knorr seasoning.
Cashews are a great source of fiber and heart-healthy fats. It may also help in preventing heart disease due to their high magnesium content.
- 4 pcs. hito fillet (about 170g each), skinned and rinsed
- 3 tbsp. Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 4 tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup kasuy nuts
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- salt and pepper, to taste
- calamansi, as needed
- First, let’s marinate the hito with Knorr Liquid Seasoning and set this aside for 15 minutes.
- Second, in a food processor, grind kasuy nuts, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Transfer to a big bowl and dredge the catfish in kasuy mixture, coating it completely. You can place the fish in the chiller for 15 minutes so that the breading will set.
- Now, get a non-stick pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some canola oil and fry the fish until golden brown. This will take about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate and garnish with calamansi on the side and that’s our dish! See how your family will react when they try Kasuy Crusted Hito! They will be blown away by the deliciousness of this dish.