Creamy Deviled Eggs Recipe for Your Next House Party
Deviled eggs are an appetizer commonly seen at many parties and events. Ancient Romans served seasoned boiled eggs to start feasts and large gatherings. Offering canapes while entertaining guests was supposedly a common practice for wealthy Romans at the time. However, a recipe from 13th-century Spain is the one that closely resembles deviled eggs of modern times. Copies of the earlier recipe show ingredients like onion juice, pepper, and cilantro mashed into boiled egg yolks. It also had a fermented sauce called murri, salt, and oil. The mix was stuffed into hollowed egg whites. However, the Spanish instructions called for the split eggs to be held back together with a pepper-topped toothpick instead of today's halved look. It was in the late 1800s when American deviled eggs made their appearance in local news. In 1896, cookbooks recommended adding mayonnaise to the formula. The classic recipe is the one that stuck. Since then, this quintessential appetizer-snack has experienced only minor changes. Entrées may not be standards in the Filipino party menu, but there is no reason they shouldn’t be. One of the simplest morsels to prepare for your next handaan is deviled eggs. This beginner deviled eggs recipe can turn any affair into an egg-citing one!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 2/3 cup Lady's Choice real mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of paprika
- Peel off shell then slice each hard-boiled egg lengthwise. Carefully separate the yellow yolks from the egg whites and place the yolks in a mixing bowl. Mash the yolks together with a fork to remove clumps.
- Add in the Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise and mustard. With a fork, whip the mixture together, removing as many small clumps as possible. Add in remaining ingredients, excluding the paprika.
- Using a dessert decorator tool or pastry bag, pipe the yolk mixture into the hollowed egg whites.
- Garnish the finished products with a hint of paprika
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free