Shrimp Sinigang Salad Recipe
This Asian-inspired dish combines the taste and flavors of garden fresh vegetables, mixed with the buttery shrimps tossed in a tamarind spiced dressing.
For the dressing, you can also place all the ingredients it in a glass bottle or a mason jar with lid to make it easier for you to mix and combine the liquids and the oils together. It will also make easier for storage and serving.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ kg suahe, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups mixed green salad
- 3 pieces tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pc red onion, sliced thinly
- ½ cup pitted olives (optional)
- ⅓ cup labanos, peeled and sliced paper thin
- 1 tbsp Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix
- ¼ cup boiling water
- olive oil
- 5 g dried oregano (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Get your skillet nice and hot over medium heat. Melt butter, throw in the garlic and just sauté until light golden.
- Throw in the shrimp and continue sautéing until it turns light pink. This will take about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Let’s now make our dressing made by just dissolving Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix in boiling water. Then, let it cool to room temperature. Once cooled, slowly whisk in olive oil and the dried oregano. Give this a good seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Let’s plate the dish by serving it in a bowl combined with the mixed greens, tomatoes onions, labanos, olives and the sautéed shrimp on top. Now comes the icing on the cake! Drizzle the dressing over, toss to coat and that’s our dish! Totally yummy and oh so healthy! Serve this any time of the day or week.