Caramelized Onion and Bacon Dip
This caramelized onion and bacon dip has everything you want: creamy, sweet, salty, smoky, and flavorful. Make it now.
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil or olive oil
- 3 pcs white onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsps white vinegar
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Lady's Choice real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 small shallots, sliced into rings
- vegetable sticks such as carrots, cucumbers, and bread sticks
- Cook the bacon until the fat is rendered out. Drain bacon and set aside. Reserve the fat in the pan.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions and salt. Cook onions over low heat, stirring occasionally, until they are soft and golden in color. Add water if needed. Add the vinegar on the minute of cooking. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise, bacon, and onions.
- Add vegetable oil to the hot skillet with bacon fat. Toss in the shallots and cook until golden brown. Garnish dip with fried shallots. Serve with vegetable sticks such as carrots, cucumbers, and bread sticks.