Enjoy this signature Filipino dish that's made more special and delicious by Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise.
- 1 whole roasting chicken (about 3-5 pounds)
- 1 large potato, quartered
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 pcs dried bay leaves
- 2 tsps granulated white sugar
- 4 tbsps cooking oil
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup Lady's Choice mayonnaise
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cut chicken into 8 pieces (2 breasts, 2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 wings).
- Brown chicken on all sides with 4 tablespoons cooking oil on medium heat. Remove chicken and set aside.
- On the same pot, saute onions and garlic until fragrant. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken stock into the pot. Add chicken and bay leaves. Simmer for 30 to 40 mins.
- Add in Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise until the mixture becomes smooth, creamy and velvety.
- Add the potato, carrots, and bellpepper then simmer for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender
- Add the sugar, green peas, and fish sauce. Slowly stir in mayonnaise mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice