Embutido is a go-to favorite, but what makes it yummier? Find out how and why you should add Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise to your meatloaf recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Lady's Choice mayonnaise
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 cup onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup carrots, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or ketchup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or liquid seasoning
- 1/2 cup ham, cut into medium dice
- 8 pcs of Vienna sausage, cut lengthwise
- 3 each hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps salt
- Combine bread crumbs, milk, and Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine ground pork, vegetables, sweet pickle relish, tomato sauce, raisins, cheese, soy sauce or liquid seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add the bread crumb mixture to the ground pork mixture and combine thoroughly but do not overmix.
- Divide meat mixture into two.
- Place one portion of the meat mixture onto a piece of aluminum foil and flatten to form a rectangle roughly 9" by 6" in size.
- Place ham, vienna sausage, and eggs alternately in the middle of the mixture
- Tightly roll the foil to form a cylinder with the meat mixture and wrap ends firmly. Repeat with other half of the mixture.
- Place in a steamer over medium heat and let cook for 1 hour. Alternatively, bake embutido placed on a wire rack in a baking dish with water, covered at 350 degrees Farenheit for 1 hour
- With either method, cook for an hour or until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees farenheit.
- Let cool, slowly unwrap from foil and serve.