Double Potato Balls
Try this Double Potato Balls and garlic sauce recipe made creamy with Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise.
- 250 grams potatoes
- 250 grams sweet potatoes
- 6 tbsps butter
- 4 tbsps Lady's Choice real mayonnaise
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 egg, yolk only
- 20 to 25 (1-inch) cubes of cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Garlic sauce:
- 1/4 cup Lady's Choice real mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil potatoes and sweet potatoes in salted water until very soft. Drain then mash with a fork.
- While potatoes are still warm, add butter, Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Add minced green onions and grated carrots; mix until well-combined. Let cool for a few minutes then add egg yolk. Mix together. Refrigerate until firm.
- Make the mashed potato balls: Get a spoonful of mashed potato and place a cube of cheese in the middle. Use your hands to form a ball. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place bread crumbs on a plate. Roll potato balls in crumbs until well-coated. Freeze crumb-coated balls for about 1 hour or until coating is quite firm.
- Deep fry balls in hot oil until golden brown. Serve immediately with garlic sauce.