Monggo Pork ala Con Carne Recipe
This cheesy dish uses the natural flavors and textures of your monggo mixed with the right balance of chili and spices to give you a unique dipping experience.
Best served with Nacho chips or Tortilla Chips. You can also use this as a garnish for your sandwich to give it that added flavor and texture.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 pc white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ kg. ground pork
- 3 pcs. tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 pcs Knorr Pork Cubes
- 1 1/2 cups monggo beans, boiled and drained, half cooked
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp cheddar cheese
- Get your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onions, garlic and ground pork and just sauté for a few minutes. Gently add the tomatoes, followed by the Knorr Pork Cubes, monggo and tomato paste. Cook for just about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Give this a nice seasoning of paprika, chili powder, cayenne powder, black pepper, salt and chili flakes. Add 2 cups of water and just simmer until the meat and vegetables are cooked.
- Top with cheddar cheese just before serving and that’s our dish!
- Your family will truly enjoy the flavour of Monggo Pork Ala Con Carne, it’s amazingly good!