Beef Korma Recipe
Beef Korma is an Indian dish made of braised beef cooked in coconut milk infused with curry and spices mixed with potatoes and carrots.
Korma is a mild curry made from various spices especially coriander; and often with yoghurt sauce. Instead of adding heat, it focuses more on flavor from cardamom and cinnamon spices.
- 1 kilogram beef chuck (ask your butcher to cut it into cubes)
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 whole medium onion, peeled and sliced thinly, julienned
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 pc Knorr Beef Cubes
- 2 potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 whole carrot, cubed
- 2 tbsp red chili pepper
- Let’s begin by searing our beef chuck in a deep sauce pan over high heat with a bit of oil. Make sure to get all the sides of the beef evenly browned to give the beef nice texture and flavour.
- Next, in the same pan, throw in the garlic and onion. Sauté until the garlic is slightly brown and onions are translucent. Pour 2 tablespoons of the coconut cream into the pan and just allow this to get cooked until hot. Sprinkle the curry powder over and give this another minute to cook.
- Return the seared beef chuck back into the pan with the coconut milk, water, Knorr Beef Cube, potatoes, bay leaves, fish sauce and the remaining coconut cream. Just let this simmer until the beef is almost tender.
- When the beef is almost cooked and tender, just add the peanut butter and carrots then continue to cook until the meat and vegetables are tender. With a few sprinkle of Knorr Liquid Seasoning, salt and pepper this dish is done!
- The aroma from this incredibly tasty Beef Korma recipe will have your family members rushing into the dining table in no time. Get ready because a night of good conversation and praises over the food are up ahead!