Chicken Chorizo Tomato Gata Recipe
This dish combines the rich flavors of chicken and chorizo combined with the tangy taste of tomatoes and basil, mixed with the creamy coconut milk based sauce.
When cooking with coconut milk, you need to monitor the heat and do not let the liquids reach and keep at a boiling temp to prevent it from breaking. Keep the heat at a low-medium and keep the liquids only at a simmer.
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 pc small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500 g. chicken fillet, chopped
- 1 large pc. tomato, chopped
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay, diluted in 2 cups water
- 1 pc. Knorr Chicken Cube
- Begin by getting a pan and making sure it’s nice and hot over medium high heat. Place some oil and drop in the onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent and the garlic is golden before adding in the chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, you may add the fresh tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay and Knorr Chicken Cube. Allow this to simmer for about 5 minutes and this dish is done.
- The possibilities are endless because when you serve this Chicken and Chorizo Tomato Gata dish, it will be a good topping on almost everything.