Sinigang na Liempo at Kamote sa Gata Recipe
This dish combines the classic tamarind taste of Sinigang na liempo mixed with gabi and kamote, simmered with the creamy flavors of gata.
Remember to remove the scum from the surface of the water every now and then, to ensure your soup will be nice and clear.
- 4 cups water
- 1 pc. white onion, quartered
- 2 pcs. tomatoes quartered
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ kg. pork liempo, sliced
- 1 pc. gabi, large diced
- 2 pcs. kamote, large diced
- 1 pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- ¼ kg string beans, cut
- ¼ kg pechay, cut into 3
- Let’s begin by getting your pot nice and hot and then mixing the water, onions, tomatoes, salt, pepper, liempo, gabi and kamote. Let this mixture boil before bringing it to a simmer. Remember to skim the top of the liquid to remove the scum and impurities that rise up.
- Now, throw in the Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original and simmer again for 5 to 10 minutes.
- This dish isn’t complete until you add Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay. You’ve got to simmer until the pork is tender and then add the string beans next. Finally, wait for a few minutes more before adding the pechay.
- Who says you can’t have the best of both worlds? With Sinigang and Gata, it’s a match made in heaven!