Stuffed Pork Belly with Gata Recipe
This dish uses the rich taste of pork belly stuffed with fresh flavors from carrots and bell peppers, deep fried until crispy, served with creamy gata sauce.
When making the sauce with coconut milk, monitor and lower the heat to simmer to prevent the liquids from boiling to reduce the chance of it breaking up.
- ½ kg. pork belly, butterfly cut
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pc. carrot, cut into 6 strips
- 1 pc. green/ red bell pepper, cut into strips
- butcher's twine
- 3 cups water
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 pc. white onion, quartered
- 1 pc. Knorr Pork Cube
- 2 cups oil
- For the sauce:
- 2 cups water
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- 2 tbsp. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pc. green bell pepper chopped
- Let’s begin by seasoning the pork belly with salt and pepper. Place the carrots and bell peppers over then roll them to form a big pork belly roll. Tie the belly using a butcher’s twine or any food grade twine to ensure that the filling will not come out and the pork belly will hold its structure.
- Next, get a large pot and mix the 3 cups water, Knorr Pork Cubes, salt, pepper and onions. Place stuffed pork in the mixture and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and set aside to cool down.
- Allow the pork belly to cool down, pat dry the outer skin of the belly before frying it in hot oil to avoid splatter. Fry until brown and crispy. Once crispy, strain the excess oil and set aside. Let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Let’s now move on to making the sauce. You just have to place the water, Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay and grated cheese and half of the bell peppers, in a medium pan and allow it to simmer until thickened. Add more chopped green bell peppers and serve the sauce on the side.