Pancit Bihon with Pork in Coconut Sauce Recipe
This Filipino classic Pancit bihon recipe uses the fresh flavors of pork liempo, shrimps and vegetables, combined with creamy and sweet coconut milk sauce.
Achuette (Annatto) oil does not only give the dish a unique color but it also contains mineral that are beneficial for diabetes, diarrhea, fevers, fluid retention, heartburn, malaria, and hepatitis.
- 6 tbsp atsuete oil (atsuete + oil)
- 1 pc white onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ kg pork liempo, sliced
- ½ cup shrimp, sliced
- ½ sayote, sliced
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- ½ cup Baguio beans, sliced
- 2 cups water
- ½ pc Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipxe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ pack bihon (500 g pack)
- ¼ cup fried garlic
- Let’s begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté onion, garlic and liempo altogether. Now, just give this a few minutes to cook.
- Gently add the shrimp, sayote, carrots and baguio beans. Just give this a good 3 to 5 minutes to sizzle.
- Pour the water with the Knorr Pork Cubes, Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay and black pepper for seasoning. Just let the pork simmer until it is tender.
- Add the bihon last and mix this well. And that’s our dish! Top with fried garlic for that extra crunch and flavour.
- Of course, Pancit is not complete without a serving of calamansi on the side. When you serve this to your family, they will surely insist you cook this more often for them. It’s just that good!