Adobong Gata sa Luyang Dilaw Recipe
This classic dish uses the fresh and spiced taste of yellow ginger mixed with the rich taste of pork liempo, chicken meat and chicken liver, simmered in gata.
Remember that after adding the vinegar, do not cover the pan or stir the mix. Let the dish continue to simmer uncovered so that the metallic taste and aroma coming from the raw vinegar will evaporate.
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- ⅛ cup luyang dilaw, sliced
- ¼ kg pork liempo
- ¼ kg chicken thigh fillet
- ½ cup chicken liver
- 2½ tbsp. vinegar
- 4½ cups water
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- 2 pcs. finger chilies (green)
- ½ cup chili leaves
- Let’s begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the garlic and luyang dilaw and sauté them until you can smell the nice aroma.
- Next, add the pork liempo and continue to sauté until light brown in color. Then, add the chicken fillet and chicken liver and continue to sauté.
- Now, add the vinegar and allow this to cook for just about 5 to 10 minutes, uncovered. Pour the water and Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay and finger chilies. Allow this to simmer until the meats are cooked through.
- Finally, just add the chilli leaves and that’s it! Our dish is done!
- How can anyone resist the taste of Adobong Gata sa luya? Just by smelling it, your stomach is already full.