Pork Menudo sa Gata Recipe
This Filipino classic dish uses the flavors from pork belly, liver and tenderloin mixed with tomato sauce and pineapples, enhanced with Knorr Ginataang Gulay.
When cooking with coconut milk, remember to monitor your heat. Avoid having the dish at high heat to prevent the dish from boiling. Keep the heat to a simmer to prevent the coconut milk from breaking.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 pc. white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ kg pork belly
- ¼ kg pork tenderloin
- ½ cup pork liver
- 1 cup water
- ½ pc. Knorr Pork Cube
- 60 ml tomato sauce
- 1½ cup water
- 1 pc. potato, small diced
- 1 pc. carrot, small diced
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- ½ cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 pc. green / red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tbsp. cheddar cheese, grated
- Begin by getting your pot nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onions and garlic. Sprinkle some of that salt and soy sauce, then add the pork belly, tenderloin and liver. Sauté until pork belly and liver are slightly brown in color.
- Pour the 1 cup water in with the Knorr Pork Cube and tomato sauce. Just let this simmer until the pork is fork tender.
- When the pork is fork tender, add another 1 ½ cups of water with the potatoes, carrots and Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay. Lower the heat and let the mix simmer for a few minutes before adding the pineapple tidbits, green/red bell peppers and the cheddar cheese. And that’s it! Our dish is done!
- Once in a while, it’s nice to serve a variety of dishes to your family. Who would have thought that this Pork Menudo sa Gata Recipe would be so beautiful and tasty!