Pork and Potato Curry Recipe
This dish combines the rich taste of pork mixed with the flavorful coconut milk based thick sauce tossed with potatoes, bell peppers and curry powder.
When cooking with coconut milk, remember to monitor the heat and avoid boiling the sauce or liquid for a long period, keep the heat at a simmer to prevent the coconut milk from breaking.
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ pc white onion, chopped
- ½ kg pork kasim cut into large cubes
- 2½ cup water
- ½ pc Knorr Pork Cube
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 2 pcs potatoes, cut into medium diced
- 1 (45g) Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix
- 2 pcs red and green bell peppers, cut into large dice
- Here’s a tip how you can maximize the flavour of your spice. In this case, it’s curry powder. Toast the curry powder for about 1 minute, using in a dry pan, to release its natural oil. Then remove and set aside.
- Now, get your pan nice and hot over medium heat and pour some oil. Add the pork cubes and cook for around 5 minutes, or until outer skin turns brown, before adding the water. Throw in the Knorr Pork Cubes and toasted curry powder.
- Add the potatoes only when the pork is half done. Next, pour in the Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix and bring this to a simmer for a few minutes before adding the bell peppers. Give this a good 3-4 minutes more and this dish is done!