Katsu Curry Recipe
This Japanese style recipe uses the rich flavors of seasoned lean pork slices topped with a creamy curry sauce infused with flavors of Knorr Ginataang Gulay.
Curry powders usually consist of turmeric, cumin, ginger, and black pepper. Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- 2 pcs lean pork slices, pounded
- ½ cup flour
- 1 pcs egg, beaten
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- 1 (29g) pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 pc carrot, cut into cubes, boiled and drained
- 1 pc potato, cut into cubes, boiled and drained
- Let’s begin by dividing this recipe into 2 parts. First, make the sauce. Second, the breaded meat.
- Bring the Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix and water to a boil over high heat before reducing it to a simmer. Now, cook until the sauce is thick before adding in the curry powder. Give this another minute to maximize the flavour of the curry. There, the sauce is done!
- Let’s proceed to making the breaded pork. You need 3 trays or bowls where the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs will be. Season the pork well with salt and pepper, and then dredge it in the flour mixture. Dip them next in egg before finally rolling it in breadcrumbs, deep-fry it in hot oil until crisp and golden brown. Don’t forget to drain the breaded pork on a tray lined with paper towels.
- You now have the breaded pork and sauce ready. It’s now time to plate. To give this Katsu Curry that resto look, pour the sauce onto a plate and top it with the breaded pork. On the side, add the cooked potatoes and carrots.
- This is a dish that will definitely be beloved by your whole family. Keep it forever in your recipe book or box so you can serve it again from time to time.