Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
What makes this homemade chicken burger hot, juicy and flavourful? Well, it’s simple: paprika, chilli flakes and Knorr Chicken Cubes.
NOTE: NO PICTURE, NO YIELD, NO PREP TIME/ COOKING TIME
- 2 pcs chicken breast / thigh fillet
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- Pinch Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 pc egg beaten with 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- oil, for frying
- 2 pcs burger buns
- 3 tbsps Lady's Choice mayonnaise
- 2 pcs cheese slices
- 6 pcs lettuce leaves
- Slice chicken fillets to make thin slices then pound up to about ½ an inch thick.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Knorr Liquid Seasoning for at least 30 mins.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder as well.
- Combine breadcrumbs with chili powder and cayenne pepper.
- Dredge marinated chicken in flour mixture then dip in beaten eggs then coat with the spiced breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain oil.
- Assemble sandwich by spreading mayonnaise on the buns. Put 3 pcs of lettuce leaves on the bottom bun, top with fried chicken, cheese slice then cover with the other bun. Add ketchup if preferred. Do the same to the other sandwich. Enjoy!