Pork Kilawin sa Gata Recipe
This simple dish uses the rich flavors of pork and liver lightly simmered in vinegar, mixed with the creamy Knorr Ginataang sauce topped with chicharon.
When cooking with coconut milk, you need to monitor the heat and do not let the liquids reach and keep at a boiling temp to prevent it from breaking. Keep the heat at a low-medium and keep the liquids only at a simmer.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 pc. red onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ kg. pork pigue, medium diced
- ¼ kg. pork liver, medium diced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. fish sauce
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, ground
- ½ pc. Knorr Pork Cube
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 cup radish, sliced
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- ¼ cup vegetable chicharon
- Let’s begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion and garlic. Add the pork and liver next. Just give this a nice seasoning of salt, fish sauce and pepper.
- Now, add the Knorr Pork Cube and water and just simmer for a few minutes before adding in the vinegar.
- Just let this cook for a few minutes then you can add the labanos and Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay. Give this a few minutes longer and I promise this dish is worth the wait. Lower the heat and continue to simmer for 2 minutes. Top with chicharon and that’s about it!
- Serve Pork Kilawin sa Gata and your family will surely thank you for it.