Loaded Clubhouse Sandwich for the Whole Family
The Pinoy idea of lunch or dinner often involves rice and ulam. Except not everyone has the time to prepare it daily. So, what's a good option that can still satisfy the Filipino palate? Enter the clubhouse sandwich, a filling treat that brings back childhood memories of going on picnics or out-of-town trips.
Don't be intimidated to recreate this towering sandwich at home. Despite its massive appearance, this clubhouse sandwich recipe is incredibly uncomplicated. A club contains layers of veg, meat, tasty spread, and almost anything in your fridge. Plus, you only need 10 minutes tops for its prep. Want to get started? Read on for an easy step-by-step guide.
- 4 tbsp Lady's Choice Ham Spread
- 3 pcs white bread, toasted
- 6 pcs romaine lettuce, washed and trimmed
- 4 slices plum tomato
- 12 pcs bacon, fried until crisp
- 4 slices cucumber
- 4 pcs regular, sweet, or spiced ham
- 1 pc egg, cooked sunny-side up
- Spread 1 tablespoon Lady’s Choice Ham Spread on one side of 2 pcs toasted bread. Evenly spread on both sides of the last bread slice.
- On the first bread slice, stack lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon. Cover this with the bread with Lady’s Choice Ham Spread on both sides. Top with lettuce, cucumber, ham, and egg, then cover with the last bread slice.
- Press down lightly on the sandwich, then slice into 4 triangular portions. Use toothpicks to secure.