Breaded Pork Chop with Cilantro Coconut Sauce Recipe
This simple dish uses the rich taste and texture of breaded pork chops fried until golden brown, served with a coconut milk based cilantro infused puree sauce.
When cooking this dish, after adding the Knorr Ginataang Gulay mix, do not let the dish boil, have it a constant simmer only. Boiling may cause the cream or coconut milk to break or curdle.
- ½ kg pork chops, sliced thinly
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, ground
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pcs. egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 cups oil
- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1½ tsp. ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp. white onion, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1½ cups water
- ½ pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- Let’s begin this recipe by preparing our breading mixture. First, season the pork with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Next, prepare 3 shallow trays to hold the flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Dredge the pork chop in flour then dip it in the beaten eggs. Tap a little on the side then roll them in the breadcrumbs. Once everything has been breaded, fry the meat in hot oil until cooked through. Strain excess oil and set aside.
- Now that our breaded pork chops are ready, we can proceed in making our sauce. Get your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the ginger and white onions. Sauté until you can smell the lovely aroma from the cooked vegetables.
- Lower the heat and throw in the cilantro and add the water and Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay. Just give this a few minutes to simmer. Transfer the cooked sauce in a blender and set it at puree. Pour the pureed sauce back in the pan and allow this to simmer until thickened. And there you have it!
- Serve Breaded Pork chop with Cilantro Coconut Sauce on the side and see the reaction of your family when they taste it. Their faces will surely light up!