Vegetable Canneloni Recipe
This heart healthy pasta dish uses the fresh taste of sautéed vegetables rolled canneloni style using lasagna sheets, topped with cream sauce and cheese.
Here’s a tip to avoid the noodles from sticking together: once the noodles boil, stir for the first two minutes. Then continue cooking until al dente.
- 200 g lasagna sheets, large sized
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions minced
- 2 pc Knorr Chicken Cube
- 2 c cream (500ml)
- 200 g spinach leaves, blanched in boiling water
- grated mozzarella / easy melt cheese for topping
- 1 can stewed/cooked tomato (optional)
- Let’s begin by cooking our lasagne noodles according to package instructions. Make sure to use salted boiling water because it gives that added flavour to the noodles.
- Get a pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some olive oil and throw in the onions and cook until you can smell the nice aroma from the cooked vegetables. Add the Knorr Chicken Cubes then dissolve this in olive oil.
- Pour in the cream and gently place the blanched spinach leaves next and just simmer until the sauce is thick then set this aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare the baking dish for your lasagna. Cover the bottom of a rectangular baking dish with cream sauce to prevent pasta from sticking then lay one lasagna sheet in the dish, fill with spinach leaves and roll the sheet to form a tube (like a canneloni). Place lasagne rolls at the end of the dish and repeat until all the noodles have been filled.
- Now, pour the remaining sauce on top. You can spread stewed or cooked tomatoes over the cream sauce. The possibilities are endless!
- Top your cannelloni with grated mozarella or easy melt cheese for topping and bake in oven for 5-10 minutes or until top is golden and that’s our dish! Here’s one of the reasons why you should serve Vegetable Canneloni at home: it’s not only delicious but it’s nutritious too! You will definitely eat more than usual!