Triple Cheese Canelloni Recipe
This resto style dish combines the meaty and savory flavors of ground beef mix, with the rich flavors of tomato based sauce, topped with extra cheese.
To prevent the pasta rolls from burning, you can cover the top of the baking sheet with a foil for the first 30-40 mins of baking, then remove the cover and continue to bake for 10 minutes uncovered to help melt the cheese.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 pc. onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. liver spread
- 1 pc Knorr Beef Cube, mashed
- 4 pcs tomatoes, diced
- ½ kg lean ground beef
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Kaldereta
- 2 cups water
- 1 pc. red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pc. green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- black pepper
- 6 pcs. lasagna sheets, cooked al dente, cut into half
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- Begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion and garlic and just sauté until the vegetables give off a nice aroma. Add the liver spread and mashed Knorr Beef Cube and tomatoes. Mix this well before adding the ground beef. Saute until the beef is cooked through.
- Combine the Knorr Kaldereta Mix and water and add this to the pot. Bring to a boil then allow to simmer until thick.
- Throw in the bell peppers, cheese, and basil and simmer until the cheese melts. Taste if the sauce still needs additional seasoning then, with the use of a strainer, drain the meat mixture and reserve the sauce.
- Lay the cooked lasagna sheets then add 3 tbsp of the meat filling at the lower part of the sheet then roll into a log.
- Prepare and grease a baking dish and pour some of the sauce at the bottom before arranging the filled pasta on it, side by side with the seam side down. Sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella then bake in an oven until cheese melts and then becomes browned on top.
- Once your family tastes this Triple Cheese Canneloni Recipe, they will surely insist you make this more often. It’s something that they will surely look forward to once in a while.