Baked Caldereta Mac and Cheese Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Baked Caldereta Mac and Cheese | Knorr
In making Bechamel sauce, you start by heating butter and flour together to make roux. You need to cook the flour for 2-3 minutes in butter for to remove the raw taste of the flour and to give the Bechamel its brown color and thick texture.
- 500 g elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- Meat Sauce:
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pc medium red onion
- 1 cup chorizo, sliced ½ inch thick
- ½ kg ground beef
- ½ kg ground pork
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pack Knorr Kaldereta Complete Recipe Mix, dissolved in 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bechamel Sauce:
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1½ cup milk
- ¾ cup water
- ⅔ cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Let’s begin by dividing the recipe into 3 parts. First, you need to make the meat sauce. Second, the béchamel sauce and last, you just need to assemble them.
- To make the meat sauce, you just need to pre-heat your pan in medium high heat and pour some oil. Throw in the garlic and onion and sauté them until the garlic is light golden in color and the onion is translucent.
- Now, add the chorizo and ground meat together and cook until light brown in color. Bring the bell peppers in and cook this for another 2-3 minutes before adding the dissolved Knorr Kaldereta Complete Recipe Mix, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Let this boil before simmering until thick. Our meat sauce is now done. Let’s continue by preparing our Bechamel sauce.
- To make the béchamel, just melt butter in a saucepan over medium low heat then add the flour. Pour the the milk and water next and stir until thick. Add the Cheddar cheese and stir until melted then set this aside.
- Since our meat sauce and Bechamel sauce are done, it’s now time to put them together by tossing the cooked elbow macaroni with the caldereta sauce. Transfer to a baking dish then pour the béchamel on top. Bake the Caldereta Mac n Cheese in a 350 F preheated oven for 30 minutes. You might be wondering now where the parmesan cheese will go. You sprinkle this on top of the pasta just before serving.
- When you serve this Caldereta Mac and Cheese Recipe to your family, they will surely thank you for it.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy