Heart-Healthy Hardinera Recipe
This Lucban inspired dish uses the rich flavor of chicken combined with fried tokwa, mixed vegetables and sweet pineapples; infused with Knorr flavors
Once cooked after steaming, let the dish rest for 10-15 minutes to cool down. This process will ensure that the loaf will retain it's shape upon slicing.
- ¼ kg tokwa, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc white onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken, skinless, diced
- 1 pc Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1 pc carrots, medium, diced
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 4 pcs egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pc bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup pickle relish, minced
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits
- Begin by stir-frying the tofu with a little bit of oil, followed by garlic, onion and bell pepper in a nice big wok or shallow pan over high heat.
- Throw in the chicken and sauté this for another 2 minutes before adding the Knorr Chicken Cube, carrots and tomato sauce. Slowly bring this up to a boil then simmer for a few minutes. Set this aside to cool.
- Once the cooked meat is cool, it’s time to combine it with the beaten eggs and cornstarch and the remaining ingredients. Give this a gentle stir to incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Prepare and grease a llanera and arrange some carrot slices, pineapple and bell peppers at the bottom. Place the meat mixture in and with the use of the back of the spoon or spatula, flatten and smoothen out any of the uneven mixture. Cook this over a double boiler by steaming it for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Slice and serve once it has cooled down for 15 minutes.
- No need to take the family on a trip to Lucban, Quezon because this Hardinera dish promises to be healthy, nutritious and delicious.