Baked Chicken Sinigang Recipe
This dish infuses the sinigang flavor with the Knorr seasoning marinate into chicken, mixing it with fresh herbs, potatoes and tomatoes, baked to perfection
To boost the flavor of the chicken, keep it marinate chilled overnight before baking.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8
- 40 g (1 pack) Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original, as needed
- ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1 pc. lemon, sliced into rounds or wedges
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part pounded
- 3 pcs medium-sized potatoes, cut into wedges, seasoned
- 3 pcs tomatoes, quartered, seasoned
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- To bring out the best flavour out of the chicken, carefully place the chicken cut ups in a heavy duty food-grade plastic bag. Add in the Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original, pepper, and Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Make sure the plastic bag where you put the meat in is compressed and sealed like a vacuum to remove the air bubbles. Massage the chicken in the plastic bag and watch as it begins to become fully coated with the ingredients you’ve mixed in. This technique allows you to save on the amount of marinade and also saves storage space. Let this stand in the chiller for an hour.
- The next step is to arrange the marinated chicken with the potatoes, tomatoes, and lemongrass in a baking dish. Sprinkle and squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top of the chicken and vegetables and throw in the rind in the baking dish. To give this dish more flavour, sprinkle evenly with chopped fresh oregano. If no fresh oregano is available, you may use 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Bake this in a 350 F pre-heated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- With baked chicken served as a weeknight dinner or as a lunch meal, mom surely knows how to take care of her family.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy